Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Perspective: Communication in the Workplace

An interesting article was posted recently on govexec.com by a woman who is facing her own role in the culture of "keep it quiet."  As she says in the article:

"At 37, I don’t think I am the only woman around my age who hashtagged #MeToo reluctantly, not because we do not all have mental ledgers full of things that angered and shamed us but because the expectation to brush and laugh off such things is so deeply ingrained that acknowledging the pain they caused somehow seems a failure."

This article certainly resonated with me, and I suspect will resonate with others.  Something to consider as we work to move forward to a more diverse and inclusive community.  For the entire article, please go to:

http://www.govexec.com/excellence/promising-practices/2017/11/what-can-we-say-each-other-work-now/142563/?oref=govexec_today_nl

You may need to click past an advertisement to access the article itself.