How to Be a Good Housewife
· Be a little interesting for your husband. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
· Get your work done, but plan to finish or interrupt task an hour before your husband is expected home, so that you can ready the house, start dinner, and have a drink waiting for him.
· If you have children, clear them away when your husband comes home from work so that he will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order. Note that this will give you a lift, too.
· Don't complain if your husband is late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
· Always know your place.
· Do not keep company with men.
· Do not dress in bright colors or dye your hair (under any circumstances).
· Be home between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am, unless at a school function.
· Do not loiter downtown in any of the ice cream stores.
And I certainly hope that the “girl germs” epidemic goes global.
“Rules” for housewives can be found here.