The 219th AAS Meeting in Austin, TX from January 8-12, 2012 is coming up, and as continued tradition, thanks to the growing community involvement and NSF funding, professional development workshops, seminars, and special sessions will once again be offered. This year, more than ever!
The interactive workshops offered on Sunday are:
1) Becoming a more effective research mentor
2) Structuring your scientific paper
3) Science tools for data intensive astronomy
On Monday, there are two Career Workshops. On Tuesday, there will be a workshop on Personal Finance in Turbulent Times.
In addition, special sessions will be held on the following arenas:
1) Giving better oral presentations
2) Increasing diversity in your departments
3) Professional ethics in astronomy
4) Working in space policy
5) The astrophysics post-doc job market
6) Careers in media for scientists
There will also be a career panel on Monday discussing various career paths.
Full descriptions and how to register are posted at the astrobetter wiki.