Thank you again to our panelists for their thoughtful responses. Our panelists were:
- Marcel Agueros -- astronomy faculty and Director of Columbia University's Bridge to PhD program in the Natural Sciences
- Ed Bertschinger -- Chair of the MIT Physics department and deeply involved in a number of mentoring, networking, and cultural change initiatives, member of the CSWA
- Kim Coble -- physics/astronomy faculty at Chicago State University, a minority serving institution in Chicago, deeply involved in mentoring and pipeline issues
- Meredith Danowski -- astronomy PhD student and co-founder of Boston University's women in STEM mentoring and networking program
- Jim Ulvestad -- NSF-AST director, head of astro2010 demographics study group, and former member of the CSWA
Below is the videotape we made of this special session (thank you BU graduate student!), split into 3 parts.
I strongly recommend viewing the higher quality version, posted here.
(This blog site only supports very small file sizes.)