Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Women in Astronomy & Space Science: Pre-Conference Workshop

The conference on Women in Astronomy and Space Sciences officially begins tomorrow, but today is the career development workshop run by COACh (Committee on the Advancement of women in Chemistry) and organized by yours truly.

As much as I had been looking forward to this workshop, I'm having to sit it out because I've caught the flu. And it's likely to be The Dreaded Flu that everyone's been hearing about, since 99% of flu cases in Marlyand are H1N1!!one!1!! In fact, I went in briefly to check on things, and was sent back home to lie in bed. So here I am, blogging from my sickbed, drinking lots of tea and vitamin C. I hope to be able to make it in tomorrow, though, and maybe I'll have more of real substance to post about then.

If any of you readers out there attended the workshop and have comments about it, please post them here!

2 comments :

Ephiny said...

I also have the swine flu, and was told by the doctor to stay home for the rest of the week, lest I spread it to even more people. The other conference-goers will probably appreciate you more for your absence at this point, even if you are feeling better.

Alyssa said...

Ack! I'm so sorry to hear about your flu!

I was at the workshop today, and it was fantastic! Ernestine and Jane were both friendly and great speakers. They gave us so many great tips, and a bunch of helpful handouts. I quite enjoyed finding out what kind of negotiator I am, and the role-playing part. I also found the case studies very helpful.

Great job organizing it!